Friends of High Hazels Park
High Hazels Park
A bit about High Hazels Park
High Hazels Park is a 20-hectare park in the Darnall area of Sheffield.
It was originally the grounds of High Hazels House,the home of William Jeffcock,the first Mayor of Sheffield.The Grade 2 listed house was built in 1850,and is now the clubhouse for Tinsley Park Golf Club.The building contains a cafe which is open to the public.
The park is served by the 52 bus route,and vehicle access is via Catley Road.
In the 1990’s a considerable area of land at the top of the park was used to provide three new holes for the golf course,to replace land taken for Sheffield City Airport.This resulted in the loss of the boating lake,pitch & putt course,two cricket pitches,two tennis courts and the circular walk.
About the friends of High Hazels Park
Friends of High Hazels Park was formed in 1998 as a result of public anger at the loss of these facilities,and over the last 16 years we have overseen the introduction of two new playgrounds,an artificial cricket pitch and the reinstatement of the circular walk.
Currently our main efforts are to maintain and develop the ornamental parts of the park.
We always need new active members to maintain the standard of the park.
If you are interested please email
firstname.lastname@example.org (Paul Campbell,Chair) or
email@example.com. (Sylvia Hamilton,Secretary/Treasurer).